We checked out of Bay Lake and brought our bags to the Polynesian where we stayed for one night. We had breakfast at Kona then took the Monorail to EPCOT. It was two days before the start of Flower and Garden but a lot was in bloom and smelling FANTASTIC! We hit our favorites:We put on some Hawaiian music and relaxed in paradise. We had reservations a Morimoto in Disney Springs for an early dinner. This is where my second cautionary tale regarding Uber begins.
- Spaceship Earth
- Living with the Land
- Sunshine Seasons (for the Warm Peanut Butter Brownie)
- The Living Seas
- Gran Fiesta (now featuring animatronics!)
- We thought they would be able to pick up in the DVC parking lot near Pago Pago - they are not allowed in so we had to walk to the lobby. This makes sense in hindsight.
- We were waiting at the lobby when a cast member asked us if we were waiting for Uber. She informed us that the GPS locators often send them to the Grand Floridian instead of the Poly and this in fact happened to our driver. I would recommend texting your driver and confirming the resort location.
- There is so much construction at Disney Springs right now and they really only allow cabs to drop off on the West Side - even if you are trying to get to the Marketplace so if your goal was to cut down on walking - waiting for the bus might be the better option.
- Pickup for Uber at Disney Springs is in the "Strawberry Lot" - that's on the other side of West Side so if you are coming from the Marketplace Area it could be a trek. We were going directly to Hollywood Studios and still thought this was easier than bus hopping.